Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jeff Buckley (1966-1997)


Foi precisamente há 10 anos que este senhor morreu (29 de Maio, 1997), afogado no Mississippi. Deixando muitas saudades...

This is our last goodbye
I hate to feel the love between us die.
But it's over
Just hear this and then I'll go:
You gave me more to live for,
More than you'll ever know.

Well, this is our last embrace,
Must I dream and always see your face?
Why can't we overcome this wall?
Baby, maybe it's just because I didn't know you at all.

Kiss me, please kiss me,
But kiss me out of desire, babe, and not consolation.
Oh, you know it makes me so angry 'cause I know that in time
I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye.

Did you say, "No, this can't happen to me"?
And did you rush to the phone to call?
Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind saying,
"Maybe, you didn't know him at all,
you didn't know him at all,
oh, you didn't know"?

Well, the bells out in the church tower chime,
Burning clues into this heart of mine.
Thinking so hard on her soft eyes, and the memories
Offer signs that it's over, it's over.


"Last Goodbye*" (Jeff Buckley)
*um personal favourite meu...

4 Comments:

Blogger rita maria josefina said...

Parece que Maio tem um efeito estranho nestes senhores... já o Ian foi 18 de Maio...:|
Deixaram os dois muitas saudades

5:49 PM  
Blogger Charmless Man said...

Totalmente de acordo.

É dramático vermos grandes génios a desaparecer tão cedo...

11:01 PM  
Blogger Sgt. Pepper said...

Resta saber se seriam ícones na mesma, caso não tivessem morrido... Ian deixou saudades, mas sem o seu desaparecimento não teriam existido os New Order. Possivelmente não existiriam os temas Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle, True Faith, and so on and so on (pelo menos no formato em que nós as conhecemos). Se calhar se Jeff Buckley não tivesse morrido, seria mais um singer-songwriter, talentoso, yet subestimado, a tocar em Zés dos Boís pelo mundo fora... Who knows?

9:11 AM  
Blogger rita maria josefina said...

i guess we'll never know...

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home